Today’s automobile is extremely sophisticated with increasing demand for advanced features. Increased usage of cameras plus advanced sensor networks for assisted driving are placing a growing demand on the internal networks resulting in three main needs: increased bandwidth, cross-domain communication, and security.
A SIMPLER, MORE CAPABLE FOUNDATION
While data networks in vehicle are common, current solutions have limitations that are limiting new applications and scaling to meet market needs:
- Limited bandwidth
- No ability to mix and match speeds to optimize costs/bandwidth needs
- Lack of precise timing
- Limited vendor base
- Many technologies lack standardized redundancy
- Lack of security
THE AVB / TSN ADVANTAGE
By utilizing AVB/TSN into the network, solutions can take advantage of:
- An open, interoperable standard with independent testing available.
- Precise timing to support low-jitter media clocks and accurate synchronization of multiple audio/video or sensor streams.
- Independent traffic classes allow the optimization of network resources
- Bounded latency delivers assurance of timely packet deliveries
- Extreme reliability including redundant clock master and data traffic
- Industry best practices for secure access and transactions