Avnu Certification Overview
The Avnu Alliance certification program is open to member companies, allowing them to give customers the confidence that their certified products and systems have passed rigorous conformance testing, reducing tech support costs.
Steps for Avnu Certification:
- Become an Avnu Alliance member, and pay the applicable annual membership fee.
- Applicant registers product with Avnu Alliance using the Certification Management System
- Upon approval of the above and confirmation of member’s status, Avnu’s Technical Programs Manager will inform the Applicant and the Recognized Test Facility (RTF) of Applicant’s choice of the product assigned TestID (TID), test versions, CRSL version, and other information.
- RTF executes required compliance test cases ensuring tests are executed correctly. After testing is complete, RTF issues preliminary test report(s) for review by the Applicant.
- If the device fails, the Applicant is notified of the failure and reason. The Applicant and RTF collaborate to determine whether the Product needs to be fixed or a Waiver should be submitted. The Applicant will work with the RTF and Avnu Technical Programs Manager as outlined in the Certification Process Flow to fix the product and retest, or have the failure waived.
- If the device passes, the RTF generates a certification report for review by the Applicant and Avnu Technical Programs Manager. If the Avnu Technical Programs Manager approves of the passing certification report, certification of conformance is granted to the Product and the CertificationID (CID) is issued.
More information about the Avnu certification process can be found on the members-only site.